Nicky Miller continues the conversation on funding for Housing First. Self Directed Support Part 2.
Welcome to the Housing First Academy, the online community for practitioners, managers, commissioners and other stakeholders who are committed to Housing First and making it the default model of homelessness for people who are experiencing the most complex challenges in their lives.
The Housing First Academy provides a platform for you and your team to be active citizens within the 'Housing First community' in Scotland by;
- creating connections, building relationships and networks,
- promoting and building communities of practice, and
- learning from others in Scotland, Europe and beyond.
The Academy will act as a link between Housing First services and partner agencies.
There are undoubtedly challenges in providing Housing First support and ensuring fidelity to the model. In order for it to continue to be an effective and successful form of housing provision for the most vulnerable in society, it is imperative that learning, communication, and development are encouraged and maintained.
The Seven Principles of Housing First in Scotland:
- People have the right to a home.
- Flexible Support is provided for as long as it is needed.
- Housing and Support are separated.
- Individuals have Choice and Control.
- An Active Engagement Approach is used.
- The service is based on people's Strenghts, Goals and Aspirations.
- A Harm Reduction Approach is used.
The aims of The Housing First Academy are set out in our Citizenship and Vision statements. In providing this platform, we want to promote and encourage engagement with the Academy and its resources. It is you and your participation in connecting, sharing and learning that will drive and direct the Academy’s growth and development.
We hope that you will find the resources useful and encourage you to participate with the monthly blogs. Resources will be regularly updated and we would appreciate your suggestions for any additions.
The Academy welcomes your comments and feedback. Please add your name to the mailing list to receive updates and the quarterly e-newsletter.Learn more about Citizenship Learn more about Turning Point Scotland